"Podiatry problems"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics Lanarkshire Community Services / Podiatry

(as a service user),

I can't begin to describe the convoluted journey on which I have been sent, but I do know that it is not timely, efficient patient centred or effective.

I am now told that I am going to have my toes screwed! To what, I would like to know?

As a previous orthopaedic Ward Sister, I have seen my kind of operation many times. There never appeared to be this kind of hassle years ago: or orthopaedic Consultants with full clinics for three years. I have been back and forward so often now that I feel like the proverbial yo-yo. I have even had post-operative appointments before the operation.

I no longer trust such a department. I will look elsewhere. Feet are too important to be messed about with.

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Pioneer,

I am truly sorry to hear of your difficulties experienced through this journey. No matter what part of our health is affected, we expect to be treated in a timely manner with care and compassion. I am sorry we have failed to give you this experience.

Can I ask you to contact me on 01355584664 as I would like to review your case personally and enable a better outcome for you on the remainder of your journey with Hairmyres Hospital and NHS Lanarkshire services.

Kind Regards

Gwen Macintyre

Update posted by Pioneer (a service user)

Tried to call. It went to voicemail, and I left a message. However,I am really pleased that there is someone willing to review what has happened to me.

Dear Pioneer,

I have checked my voicemail however I have no outstanding messages, can I trouble you to call again as I am very keen to obtain your details in order to pursue a resolution for you.

Kind Regards

Gwen

01355 58 4664

• Pioneer doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by Pioneer (a service user)

Really friendly response from Gwen. I felt that I was heard. We'll see what happens next.