"The nurses were exceptional"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

I just want to thank and praise the wonderful staff on ward 15 the children's ward.

I was referred by my GP to head up to the hospital to get my son checked over by the paediatrician she suspected a chest infection.

The nurses were exceptional, they cared for him very well from getting him something to eat and when he didn't eat it they got him toast and jam. They were very busy but still had time to interact with us both and keep us informed. When we were allowed to leave the nurse wrote out exactly how to give him his medicine (even though she was run of her feet).

The doctors Had a great approach with us they were caring and patient with my son when doing there tests.

All in all the NHS has a fantastic team on Ward 15 at the RAH and they should be very proud of them.

Dear Lolac

Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your’s and your son’s recent experience in ward 15 at the RAH. I am pleased to hear that the way in which our staff cared for your son made such a difference. Specifically, you highlighted how important communication was during your son’s stay in ward 15, especially keeping you well informed. I will make sure that your comments are passed on the staff in ward 15.

I hope that your son is now recovering well.

Best wishes