"Out of hours GP service"

About: NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service) NHS Fife

(as a parent/guardian),

My 4 month old son was seen for a raging temperature by one of the out of hours GPs. An excellent service! We were dealt with Kesw quickly and efficiently and the doctor was very thorough and friendly to an anxious mum!

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear Keegis

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. Having a sick child can be very scary so it is no wonder you were a bit anxious about it. I was delighted to hear that the doctor was friendly, thorough,promt and efficient; this is exactly the service we aim to deliver. I will be delighted to share your feedback with the Out of Hours Service who will very much appreciate it.

Hope your son is now well

Kind Regards

Louise Ewing

• Keegis thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Keegis (a parent/guardian)

He's much better now, thant you. I think the doctor I saw was Dr. Hall, she was really very good and very thorough. I couldn't fault the service I got from 111 from the call operator to the nurse I spoke to and then the doctor we saw. And I couldn't believe how quickly we were seen either, a brilliant service all round.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Thanks for the additional information, it is also very valuable to provide more specific feedback to individuals. Glad to hear all now well

regards

Louise

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Keegis

Thank you for sharing your story on Patient Opinion. I do hope that your son has recovered.

I echo what Louise from NHS Fife has said in that it is worrying to have a sick child. I am pleased to note that your experience was a positive one though.

The Patient Opinion staff have kindly tagged NHS 24 to your story today and I note that you have said that you couldn't fault the service of the NHS 24 Call Handler and NHS 24 Nurse Practitioner. NHS 24 welcomes all patient feedback and positive feedback is always a pleasure to receive.

Should you wish to provide any additional information to enable me to identify the staff members who managed your call, I would be pleased to do so. This would mean that I could share your experience with them. I can be contacted by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk or on 0141 337 4582.

I do wish you all well.