"My visit on Boxing Day was to ..."

About: Furness General Hospital

My visit on Boxing Day was to see a Doctor in A & E with what i thought was a Gaul stone related problem. The receptionist was very quick, pleasant and efficient and before i knew it a nurse took all my details, carried out some basic tests and enquired about my general state of health, alergies etc, - all very profesional!

I soon saw a very pleasant and helpful young doctor who with the aid of the path lab soon diagnosed a possible kidney infection (not a Gaul bladder problem after all)!

I have always had a good experience at Furness General, both as an in-patient and out-patient, the team's work well together, are extreemly profesional and helpful at all times - even when under pressure. I have had occasional private treatment and have to say that it is no better than that recieved at FG.

Response from Furness General Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments. We will pass on your comments to the staff involved. We hope that the rest of your Christmas and New Year was not too uncomfortable.

We place great value in the fact that local people continue to choose our hospitals and we openly encourage patients and visitors to give us their feedback. This will enable us to continually to improve the services we offer and the experience our patients have whilst in our hospitals.

To find out more about your local hospital visit www.uhmb.nhs.uk