"My CBT Journey"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Working for wellbeing (IAPT)

I referred myself to Bromley Working for Wellbeing after having suffered from extreme anxiety and having to face a huge waiting list and not much sincerity if I went via my GP.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Integrated Care - Bromley ICN, Operations Directorate, Bromley Healthcare

We always take our postings seriously and I am concerned that I do not fully understand the issues that you are raising.

If you feel you would like to discuss your referral please do not hesitate to contact me via email on Amanda.mayo@bromleyhealthcare-cic.nhs.uk

Update posted by SMD (the patient)

Hi sorry, I was trying to post my whole story and that was just the beginning. I then went on to say that through my self referral to Bromley Working for Wellbeing I received such amazing support but this didn't post. Only the beginning.

Thank you for clarifying!

I am so pleased our service was able to provide you with the support you needed at this difficult time.

Small steps each day will help you reach your goal!

Update posted by SMD (the patient)

Yes it's without a doubt been the best thing I ever did. I've had anxiety issues for so long and have finally found a service who have helped me more than I could imagine. The feeling of being supported was overwhelming and didn't seem real as I didn't know it existed.

From then I was referred to a mindfulness course. After my first session of 8 I am already feeling like it's going to be a huge success.

I am so pleased this is working out!