"Website"

About: New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow) Stobhill Hospital

(as a friend),

I have been going to the hospital twice a year for quite a while. Last year I was in and out of the hospital after being told that the breast cancer come back. I had to go to pre-op. Clinic N, and during that had to go down to Clinic D which was very confusing as it's where I thought it would. The reason I'm writing this is to try and find where Clinic E for a workmate and knowing that clinics on the ground floor can be a bit confusing it would great to have a map of the clinics on the website.

Hi Scotlass57,

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear that you are having to come back for more treatment, but I hope that it all goes well for you and that you are back to full health as soon as possible.

Your point about having a floor plan of the hospital (or any of our hospitals in fact) is a good one, and would definitely make it easy for patients to find their way about, however there are also other ways that we can make this better for patients.

Sometimes that is about communication and the support we give to people coming into our hospitals - a lot of that is about the signage that we have around the hospital to direct people which needs to be obvious and easy to read. Another thing is having extra support available for people who aren't sure where they are going. In Stobhill, the main reception desk is staffed until 3pm each day by volunteers who help people find their way about, so if at any time you or any one else visiting the hospital is unsure where you should be, they are always happy to help. Similarly, there is a Patient Information Centre who can also help to direct people, along with any of the staff in the hospital.

Clinic E is on Level 1 of the hospital, towards the East entrance (the opposite end to where the reception desk is). This information should also be on the appointment letter your colleague gets, although I know that this does not provide specific directions. I will forward your feedback to my colleagues in Facilities to make sure that your thoughts are raised with them but I hope that some of this helps in the meantime.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

• Scotslass57 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Scotslass57 (a friend)

Though we both had our op at Stobhill which I must praise for there great staff, the appointment is with the New Victoria Hospital which I've been going to since it opened. I know that Clinic E has to be on the ground floor the clinics on that floor are confusing. I was at Clinic D twice last year to get an echocardiogram as I didn't get a chance to relax from coming down from Clinic N and my heart was racing. Had she left me for about 5 minutes i would have been ok, as I gave a false reading.