"How my mother was spoken to"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / General Surgery

My mother is in this ward, she is quite ill and I am disgusted by the way she has been spoken to by a member of the staff!

Response from Karen Black, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Vintage Violet,

I’m disappointed and concerned to read of your experience when visiting your mother.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly so that I can address your concerns. Please contact me on Tel No: 01236 712314

Many thanks

Karen

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Vintage Violet

I am very disappointed and saddened to read your posting,

At Monklands Hospital we are working extremely hard to ensure all patients are treated in a respectful, caring and compassionate manner. It is therefore very important to understand and learn from situations when we haven't got it right. Please contact Karen Black,who is the senior nurse for the Surgical Directorate.

Ruth

Dear Vintage Violet,

I’m sorry that you have not yet been in touch. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further if you wished to contact me on 01236 712314.

Kind Regards.