"Expert and caring treatment"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department

In early January, I attended Hairmyres Hospital for a routine aorta and lower limb ct scan. I was promptly taken but immediately after the scan I passed out due to a serious reaction to the procedure. I was given treatment by the radiography personnel and quickly transferred to the ICU. Over the next 4hrs I was cared for by the doctors and nurses in the ICU, I recovered later and was discharged later that evening. Could you please convey my thanks to the staff of the radiology department and the ICU for their expert and caring treatment with my apologies for the disruption I caused to their busy schedules.

Response from Eddie McGoldrick, Head of Profession, Radiography Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear bgeogil,

I’m sorry to read about your serious reaction during the CT procedure and glad that treatment provided by staff allowed you to recover and be able to go home later that day.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with staff involved in your care, it is really gratifying when we receive such positive feedback and a real motivator for the staff. This is the kind of care we aspire to provide for all our patients.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the care that you received from staff at Hairmyres Hospital.

Response from Gwen MacIntyre, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical care, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear bgeogil,

Thank you for your kind remarks following your stay in ICU here at Hairmyres Hospital, I will ensure that your comments are shared with staff.

This must have been a very worrying time for you and I am delighted you were made comfortable and well cared for at this time.

I hope your recovery is progressing and wish you good health for the year ahead.

Kind Regards