"Great speed and care at A&E"

About: Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France / General Medicine

After my last recent opinion on swift and professional attention for possible spinal compression at the Western General in Edinburgh, I had the bad luck to slip on ice on the road last Saturday injuring my right shoulder and lower back. I had an upcoming radiotherapy session in the morning and could not go to A&E right away. I got there at about 11: 45 at the Royal Infirmary. I was in a fair bit of pain. I got seen pretty quickly by Dr Natalie. She was very thorough and compassionate, tested me in all directions and decided that I did not need an X-ray - there were no breakages. She anticipated with a bit of heat, some Iboprofen and rest I would see improvement in about 5-7 days. This has happened. I was finished at A&E in about an hour and half.

I just want to say that the often much maligned A&E worked really well for me in terms of speed of attention and treatment.

Boons

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Boons

Thank you so much for posting your postive feedback when you were seen at the Accident and Emergency Department of the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. I was sorry to read that you had slipped on the ice and injured your shoulder and lower back. I was pleased that your were treated quickly, thoroughly and compassionately by the Doctor who saw you at the time.

I have passed on your feedback to the team, who l am sure like me will wish you well for your continued recovery.

Best wishes