"They were always helpful and patient with practical advice"

About: Lanarkshire Community Services / Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I was referred to CITT by Dorothy and Dr Padovan at Motherwell CAMHS because I had not been to school for over a year.

Jackie (Occupational Therapist) and Peter (Senior Support Worker) came to see me from CITT and they supported me to gradually go out of my house. I had not been able to go to CAMHS clinic and Jackie and Peter helped me to go there until I eventually was able to go with my Dad. They took me to many places to help me see that I was able to manage to be outside - we went to high street cafes and the cinema twice, and I felt more confident about doing this kind of thing.

They came to 2 school meetings and after I contacted my school friends - I was able to go back to school. Me and my family could contact CITT when needed and they were always helpful and patient with practical advice and extra visits if we needed them.

I felt really proud of myself for going out and getting back to school and my parents think I am back to the way I was before I stopped going to school - I don't think this would have happened without CITT help.

Response from Jim Murray, Service Manager, Childrens Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Hi Rhys, please pass on my thanks to the service user who made these comments.

I am pleased to hear that the support which you received from the CAMHS service was a positive one. The staff members you mentioned are part of a team which is able to provide an intensive support outside of the clinic and it would seem that you have benefited from this approach.

I will gladly pass on your sentiments to the team members and I hope that you continue to build your confidence using the skills which you have developed.

Take care

Response from Geraldine Queen, Associate Nurse Director, Family Nurse Partnership Lead, NHS Lanarkshire

Hello Rhys

It's really good to hear about the support your service user received and the difference it made to his/her confidence in going out and getting back to school.

Please pass on my best wishes to your service user and many thanks to the staff who have helped.

Best wishes