"No call back!"

About: Ayr Hospital / Ophthalmology

My optician arranged for me to be seen at the Ayr hospital to treat a cataract. I duly received a letter from the hospital advising me they would call me  in an eighty minute window. I waited all afternoon for this call, it was never made.

So the next day I called the hospital and asked if they could tell me when the appointment would be, I was assured I would receive a call that afternoon. Again I waited all afternoon for a call that was not made.

What do I do now?

Dear Verbal669,

I am really sorry; this is not good and so inconvenient for you. On a plus side, I can advise you what to do now. Please call me on 01563 826222 or email me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk. If you can let me know your CHI number (this is a 10 digit number made up of your date of birth followed by a 4 numbers) and we can look into this for you. If you do not have your CHI number, your name, date of birth and address will do it.

I will be able to establish what is happening for you.

Best wishes,