"Ambulatory Care CT guided Biopsy Surgical Day Bed Unit"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Respiratory Medicine Wishaw General Hospital / X-rays and Scans

My mum had to go back for another CT guided lung biopsy. She was very anxious about the procedure. She was admitted through ambulatory care. Once again the staff were friendly and treated her very well. During the procedure she was most impressed and thankfully in less distress than anticipated due to the explanations and skill of Dr Shenoy. She was transferred to the surgical day bed unit for post procedure observations. The staff were excellent again and although she was in a different unit the ongoing care throughput the day seemed seamless which was mainly down to the communication fron Janet in AC and Geraldine in SDBU.

This has been such a stressful time for us all. However the compassionate care given to my mother is most kind and I am very grateful.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear firecracker

Many thanks for your nice comments around your Mums recent attendance to the Hospital Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit, Radiology Department and Surgical Day Unit.

I am sure the staff will be delighted to hear of their friendly approach and how their excellent communication, care and compassionate skills helped to make this a positive experience for her and I can appreciate that this is an anxious time and undergoing such a procedure can be stressful.

I will ensure that the staff receive feedback particularly Janet from AEC, Geraldine from the SDBU and Dr Shenoy from Radiology.

Please give my best wishes to your Mum and thank you once again for your positive comments.