"Worst hospital i've ever been to"

About: County Hospital (Stafford)

The whole place needs new facilities and management.

Staff are hardworking but the whole set up of the operation is flawed, so their hard work becomes folly.

I've had the unfortunate pleasure to have visited quite a few hospitals in my days, in Stoke, Leeds, multiple in London and Staffordshire, however, County Staffs Hospital is the most unprofessional I've even been to.

When family members are admitted to this hospital my heart fills with fear.

Even after all the news reports and rejigs, the whole place feels disorganised, unprofessional, tatty, not well equipped and cumbersome.

Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands

Dear ‘anonymous’,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Trust. We’re sorry to hear of your experiences. The Hospital is currently undergoing a £35m refurbishment as part of a £250m investment in the new Trust, also now comprising Royal Stoke University Hospital.

We are now half way through a three year integration process, and a recent CQC inspection of County Hospital found that the services provided there were generally of a good standard.

We appreciate your comments about the hard work of the staff and hope that the further investments over the coming years will improve the experiences patients have further.

If you would like to discuss the care you received in detail, please contact our PALS Team (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on 01782 676450 or 01782 676455 or by emailing patientadvice.uhnm@nhs.net.