"Excellent care"

About: York Hospital

I was admitted to York hospital just over 2 years ago after a bad accident and had to have surgery on my wrist to put in a metal plate. I woke up after the operation in the HDU unit as I had problems during the operation.

The staff nurse on HDU was wonderful and took really good care of me for the first few days.

I was then transferred to ward 28 where the staff also took excellent care of me until I was discharged.

After I was discharged I had physio, I thought my wrist and hand would never get back to normal as the circulation was really bad but after 12 months my wrist and hand were almost 100% and is now back to normal.

The surgeon who operated on my wrist made an excellent job of putting my wrist back together and I cannot thank them enough. I cannot fault any of my care at this hospital and know this is down to the staff who do a wonderful job.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting.

Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned.

We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.