"Maternity Scan service"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Gynaecology

Following 3 scans (12 week, 20 week and 34 week) I would like to ensure that my thanks are passed on to the sonographer who has attended to me on all 3 occasions that I have attended. Although routine scans with no concerns found, as it was a first pregnancy, I was slightly anxious regarding what to expect.

She was exceptionally professional, well informed and was happy to adjust her level of detail to suit my understanding (I have previously worked in neonatal services). at no point was I made to feel uncomfortable and she was very efficient in carrying out the scans, whilst not rushing.

Unfortunately I can not recall sonographers name, but the scans were held on a Thursday (if that helps! )

Response from Peter McCrossan, Director for Allied Health Professions, Allied Health Professionals, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear JenniferM

Many thanks for taking the time to post of your experiences whilst attending the Maternity sonographer service. I’m sure the sonographer concerned will be delighted with your positive feedback and the impact her care has had on your experience as part of the antenatal journey.

I will make sure that your comments are shared with the sonography team and endeavour to identify the staff member concerned.

May I take this opportunity to wish you well for the remainder of your pregnancy!

Peter