"They were busy but all the staff were cheerful and reassuring"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske) / Accident and emergency Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske) / Cardiology

I collapsed at the Isles of Scilly airport just before boarding a flight to Lands End. After I was stabilised at the local Isles of Scilly hospital I was flown from the Isles of Scilly by the Royal Navy Search and Rescue helicopter directly to the Royal Cornwall Hospital at Truro. Once there the A&E department were very attentive to my needs. I was impressed by the speed that they handled my problem. They were busy but all the staff were cheerful and reassuring. Once the A&E staff had assessed my case, Doctor Slade came down from Cardiology and informed me that he would be fitting an emergency pacemaker that afternoon.

The pacemaker was duly fitted by Dr Slade supported by a number of nursing colleagues. Everyone was kind and friendly but in particular I need to mention Maria who stayed with me for over 2 hours whilst a ward bed was being found for me. She stayed on well past her shift end and our conversations during the wait helped me to stay relaxed.

I was impressed by everyone with whom I came into contact at the hospital for their professionalism, kindness and calmness when as a patient it was most needed. Thank you.

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

Thank you for taking time to share your comments.

It's always a boost to receive such positive feedback and we will make sure it is shared with the teams involved.