"An amazing team"

About: Royal Hospital for Children (Glasgow) Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

(as a parent/guardian),

On the 1st of January my 13 month old daughter had a sudden spike in temperature due to a virus of some kind and started to take a fit which lasted over an hour. The paramedics arrived 15 minutes after the fit started and the rushed her to wishaw General.

I arrived at the hospital as my wife went in the ambulance to find amazing nurses and 5 of the top consultants in the hospital working on her, the team were simply amazing! They saved my wee Angels life and kept her going until 2 guys were flown down from Edinburgh by helicopter to move her to what used to be Yorkhill.

Again arrived at Yorkhill to find an amazing team working on my daughter to give her the best care I could of hoped for.

I've been in and out of hospital with family over the last few years and never have I had such an amazing experience.

I can't thank the NHS and In particular the teams of people working on my daughter enough.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Goldmember3007,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of the care your daughter received during what must have been a very frightening time for you and your wife.

I am pleased that you found the Emergency Department Nursing and Medical Team care to have been ''amazing''. I will ensure this compliment is passed on to them.

I hope that your daughter is making good progress and is recovering well.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with such positive experience I am sure the team will be delighted to receive this.

Best wishes

• Goldmember3007 thinks this response is helpful

Dear Goldmember3007,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments in respect to the staff who helped your daughter at the Children's Hospital. Our team that cared for your daughter were delighted to receive such positive feedback. Please accept our very best wishes and our hope that she makes a good recovery.

Kind Regards,

Coral Brady,

Business Manager, Royal Hospital for Children

• Goldmember3007 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Goldmember3007 (a parent/guardian)

To be honest I think it's only fitting that you should recieve some positive feedback when we are quick enough to be negative.

My daughter is doing great and up to mischief!

Thanks again.