"Ward 304 Feedback"

About: Royal Derby Hospital

I am absolutely appalled by the service and care given on this ward. I was horrified to see how my relative was treated.

When we went to visit her, she was in tears and had sick all over her. She had no bucket around her, nothing at all. It was heart breaking to hear her say she wants to die because no one is helping. There was no receptionist, no staff around to help us find our relative. I visited at 2:15-3:15 and it disgusted me. No one informed me of the care given or the plans they intend to do for her care. She did not even know.

I understand there's a language barrier which really needs to be addressed at some point. But help should not be neglected regardless of language barriers. Doctors and nurses, and even HCAs were all stuck in one area of the ward, the whole corridor was empty. I had to go around searching for staff, only to get looks that I shouldn't even be around.

I had to ask someone for a sick bucket, and I was told off for not bringing my relative ginger tea. The HCA kept telling me it was my responsibility and I have no idea why it is?!

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Good afternoon

We are sorry to hear of this experience whilst on Ward 304.

I can advise that we would be happy to investigate this matter further and would ask that you contact us directly on 01332 785156 or by email at dhft.contactpals@nhs.net

Patient Advice & Liaison (PALS)