"Lack of inter-departmental communication"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

The main problem I have with Stepping Hill is the apparent lack of communication within the hospital.

I have been a patient there for more than a year now. I am being treated/consulted in respect of three different but inter related conditions.

I think that I am being treated as an assortment of body parts, not as an individual patient, even though I do have one hospital number.

The administration capability around the medical staff is seriously lacking, and many junior staff do have attitudes.

It may be that too many 'guidelines' are being forced onto medical staff regarding consultation times, treatment available etc. and that Stepping Hill has very little control to act in the best interest of each patient.

I have now taken my complaint outside the NHS, and will continue to do so until there is some transparency as to what the guidelines are.

PALS at Stepping Hill are aware of this.

I am less than satisfied with the treatment I received.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Many thanks for posting your comments on the NHS Choices website.

I have noted your comments and am aware that our PALS team are looking into your concerns at present.

I have added your comments to the issues you have raised with us to include in our investigation.

Patient and Customer Services Manager