"I had severe iritation of my eye"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency Queen's Medical Centre / Accident and emergency

I attended Lincoln with a very sore eye. I didn't mind waiting but after three hours I saw a doctor who was obviously in a rush.

They didn't examine my eye properly in my view, they rubbed a cotton bud over it and then gave me ointment saying I could go back if it did not get better.

I had a sleepless night and the next day decided to go to the QMC. I was seen within 30 mins and the nurse told me that I had ulcers in my eye which were easily visible. I was treated and given special eye drops within 2 hours.

I am very disappointed with the standard of care and examination at Lincoln. Very unprofessional had I not gone to QMC I shudder to think what would have happened.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your comment, I'm glad to hear that you received good care from the nurse you saw at QMC. I hope you are now feeling much better.

Kind regards,

Andrew Steggles,

Patient Experience Officer

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Concerned123,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in the A&E Department. I would be grateful for the opportunity to speak to you and identify the doctor who saw you and I wonder if you would be prepared to let us know your name so that we can work out who it was?

If you would be kind enough to contact our PALS team on 01522 707071, or by e-mail at pals@ulh.nhs.uk, they can take your details and pass them to me.

Dr D Flynn