"Switchboard cutting me off"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital (Paisley)

I phoned 887 9111 on two occasions just after 1pm today trying to get the number for XRay. Operator answers "switchboard" and twice cuts me off. Has to be my worst experience of supposedly getting some help and advice in all my years!

Dear Trout,

I am very sorry that you were cut off when you tried calling the switchboard last week - I know exactly how frustrating that can be, especially when you are looking for something very simple. I'll make sure that your feedback is noted so that we can be aware if this becomes a recurring issue.

I hope that since your posting you have managed to get in touch with the X-ray Department, and also expect that if you have to call the switchboard again in future you wouldn't have the same problem. However, the numbers for all departments in the RAH are also on our website: http://www.nhsggc.org.uk/patients-and-visitors/main-hospital-sites/royal-alexandra-campus/royal-alexandra-hospital/.

Here you can find numbers for inpatient wards (under the tab Wards & Visiting), and also outpatient departments, including the Imaging or X-ray Department (under the tab Services).

I hope this helps in some way, and apologies again for the inconvenience you had.

Best Wishes,