"Thank you to the Childrens A&E"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Accident and emergency East Surrey Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

I have attended the Children's A&E department twice in the last 8 weeks with my toddler, who was suffering from severe respiratory distress.

Both times (one in the day and not busy, one at night and very busy) we were seen and treated quickly, efficiently and sympathetically. From the care you took helping my son take in oxygen, to the simple hand on my shoulder and a cup of tea when I finally shed a tear after an hour in resuscitation with him, thank you. You all work so hard.

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Welliebootwearer,

Thank you for your observations on the care your son received recently in our emergency department. It can be a very anxious time when you bring your child to hospital and parents need emotional support too. It is good to hear that our staff supported both you and him in relieving his symptoms. You can't underestimate the power of kind words and a cup of tea.

I hope he is recovering well.

With best wishes,

Cathy White

Patient experience team

• Welliebootwearer thinks this response is helpful