"Thank you to the South West Ambulance Service and Torbay Hospital"

About: NHS 111 South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust Torbay Hospital / Accident and emergency Torbay Hospital / Cardiology

I would like to thank the great teams at the South West Ambulance Service and the Emergency Dept at Torbay Hospital for the great care given to my Mother in law yesterday. She has a recent history of heart trouble caused by fault heart valves and suffered a problem yesterday which may have been a minor heart attack.

We dialed 999 after being on hold with the 111 service for too long and after a quick consultation and ambulance arrived within 5 minutes of placing phone down. She was taken to the Emergency dept at Torbay Hospital where the team there were sensitive and great - really helpful and reassuring.

My mother in law in still in hospital at the time of writing this undergoing tests and observation but given all the pressures on the NHS at this time I felt it only right to thank them for their help, consideration and care.

So on behalf of grateful husband, sons daughters and in laws - thank-you so much.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Enquirer

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments.

Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned.

Patient Services

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. I hope your mother in law is recovering well.

It is very rewarding to hear stories of how our staff are delivering care and support to patients when they need it most.

We would be happy to share your story with the ambulance staff that involved in your mother-in-law's care, however to do so we will need some specific information. If you are happy to do so, please may I ask you to contact us on either plaudits@swast.nhs.uk or 01392 453 831 and a member of the Patient Engagement Team will be happy to help you further.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide us with feedback.