"My surgery and regaining confidence in ward..."

About: University College Hospital

On the 17th December I required emergency colorectal surgery. Once out of ITU i was transferred to Ward T9.

I cannot praise the staff enough from the Doctor's and the Nurses. They were all professional during my stay. I was probably one of the worse patients given that I also work in the NHS. The Consultant and their Registrar were amazing when they discovered me in the Emergency Departmen, as they walked by the Registrar was great as they fast tracked me to the ward as i was a little dehydrated.

I'd especially like to point out that Senior Staff Nurse, Staff Nurses and Nursing Assistant were all amazing and regained my confidence in ward nursing. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them and believe me, even when the ward was busy and it was never that quiet, the above people went above and beyond. Thank you very much for looking after me and helping me on the road to recovery. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received during you recent inpatient stay and will feed this back to the team.