"Emergency admission for my 91 year old mother"

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

My mother was admitted to the emergency department - she suffers with dementia but can understand people. We could not have been meet with more help or kindness. Everyone listened to my brother and I, addressed my mum by name and let her know what was happening even though she not communicating. If we requested anything, it was done. It took a long time to sort her out but they needed to get different doctors to examine her and the department was extremely busy.

Her transfer to Short Stay Surgical was handled well and they were very welcoming. She had to stay there for 3 days but when I phoned up they always got her nurse to speak to me and address any concerns I had.

From the ambulance crew through to the ward clerks, carers, housekeeping staff, nurses, doctors, radiographer and ancillary workers, they were all professional but caring - just what a hospital should be - thank you.

Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Dear Jean

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your mother's visit to Frimley Park.

I am pleased to read that the experience was a positive one for you both. We have great teams in all the departments who try their best to work together for the patient and the relatives/carers.

Feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile.

I will pass your comments onto the teams.

Kind Regards Claire Marshall