"ED and AMU staff were fabulous"

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

It is never fun having to go to hospital in an emergency situation and at near midnight on new year's eve the staff in both the ED and the EMU were utterly polite , professional and efficient in dealing with my Dad with his chest pain.

I wish I could name individuals- but it is a bit of a blur , from ambulance crew to ED and then the AMU , I know time is tight but you all took effort to keep Dad involved and informed in a kind and understanding way - thank you

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your visit to the Emergency Department and AMU at Royal Blackburn Hospital with your father and thank you for taking the time to do so.

I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the teams who will be delighted to hear that your father’s recent experience with us was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

We are really keen to hear further about your visit and what made it so positive so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services.

If you would like to share your story with us please contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator