"Very Good Experience at the Peter Pan Ward"

About: Hillingdon Hospital

My 5 month old son was referred here for a pediatric appointment - and my wife and I were both very impressed throughout by professionalism and quality throughout.

The Doctor was excellent - listened to all our concerns (not just the primary one which we were referred for - and as parents to a 6-month old, you seem to build up a list of minor concerns that you want to ask a professional about, but don't really get a chance) - and then addressed them all one-by-one, patiently and sympathetically, giving clear explanations.

For one issue, the Doctor (who was senior and clearly very experienced), sought a 2nd opinion from another doctor - just to be completely 100% sure that the diagnosis was correct.

Coming from an industry where your work is peer reviewed routinely to ensure safety, I found this action very reassuring (and with a helpless 6 month old, you want all the reassurance you can get) - so I was very happy to see the doctor take the time to get a 2nd opinion just to address any small amount of doubt they may have had.

Finally, a few weeks later received a typed memo, minuting the appointment, the concerns raised, diagnosis given, and prescription for treatment for our son - which I thought was an incredibly professional touch, and illustrative of how well the entire place is run.

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

Thank you so much for your comment on the NHS choices website. I am very pleased to hear of your positive experience in children's out patients and will share this with the team. I am happy to feedback to the individual doctor involved if you would like to forward details of the doctor’s name. My e-mail address is: Chris.mann@thh.nhs.uk