"ectopic pregnancy care"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Gynaecology

Found out Christmas eve we were having an ectopic pregnancy.

The care and treatment from the EPAS unit was amazing especially from Louise she went above and beyond. She totally put me at ease and helped myself and my partner.

Fast forward to a few days later when my treatment hadn't worked and I had to get emergency surgery again the care from EPAS the consultant I seen who scanned (woman with curly hair sorry I forgot your name) was also exceptional she explained everything and helped. The surgeons and ward 13 also were amazing when I was very scared and upset.

Thank you for being so amazing you really settled me and saved my life in case the tube ruptured.

Response from Eileen Clarke, Senior Nurse, Care of the Elderly, Monklands Hospital

Dear krfc

This must have been an extemely difficult and anxious time for you, so many thanks for posting your comments on patient opinion. We aim to ensure we offer a person centred service and I am really pleased that you felt that staff were exceptional throughout this upsetting time. I will ensure that staff see your comments as it is always good to hear positive feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and best wishes to you.

Response from Wendy Drysdale, Senior Midwife, Maternity Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear krfc,

I’d just like to re-iterate everything my colleague has said and also to personally thank you for taking the time to feedback to us, I know our staff will really appreciate this. I have asked our Senior Charge Midwife to feedback your kind comments to the team of Midwives and Support Workers and Medical staff who cared for you from the EPAS department and we will ensure that our Midwife Louise also knows how much this meant to you both. Your recovery will take time and please don’t hesitate to contact our EPAS department for any further support or advice.