"Poor service on reception"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary

I watched a queue develop, while the receptionist on the phone moans about staffing and holiday plans. Eventually said she would phone her colleague back later. I felt that this was not patient focused service.

Dear ric74,

Thanks for getting in touch through Patient Opinion - you are right that this sort of impression is not the right one for us to set for our patients and their relatives, who must come first in any interaction with our staff. Usually it is reception and administrative staff who are the first point of contact for our patients, and so very often they have a huge influence on the patients' initial impressions and can set the tone for the rest of the visit.

It would be helpful to be able to direct your feedback more specifically to the particular department within the Glasgow Royal Infirmary that you and your relative were visiting - you can let me know either through Patient Opinion or directly to me at lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk. Your feedback will be taken on board regardless, and will be passed to the management team in the GRI to help us see what areas we need to improve on.

Thanks again for getting in touch,

Best Wishes,