"Clean, professional, friendly"

About: City Hospital campus

Clean, professional, friendly

As a first time stroke patient I was suprised not to be offered, or made aware of any of the extensive stroke literature available in the specialist ward. Luckily, I was mobile, and found this very helpful information for myself. Many stroke victims cannot do this, and neither doctors or nurses have the time to do it. If I hadn't found it I would have had to find out from the internet (if I was able).

I am also puzzled as to why the food (good) included high fat/ high cholesterol options in a stroke ward.

Response from City Hospital campus

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the care you received at our hospital. We are sorry to hear you were not offered written literature whilst on the ward. We do have extensive information available for patients and relatives which we proactively give out when and if appropriate. Following your feedback we will discuss and review how we do this in future.

Recently extensive work has been carried out within the Trust to ensure that the food available is nutritionally balanced and offers a variety of choice however; your observations about the food served on the stroke wards have been passed on to the Trust catering manager.

Response from Helen Limb, Patient and Public Involvement Manager, NHS Rushcliffe Clinical Commissioning Group

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments about your recent stay in the hospital.

I also wanted to let you know that in the Rushcliffe area there is a newly formed Stroke Survivors Group which meets monthly. If you would like more inforamtion about this group, please contact Sue Knowles at RCVS on 0115 9816988.

Best wishes for the future.