"Scan results, still in pain"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery

Since my last story here I received a CT scan then met with the surgeon for the results. This resulted in an MRI scan being booked which I must say was very quick. However now almost 4 weeks on I have no results and still experience the same pain which has been going on for a number of months. I feel really let down by the NHS and just want answers to what's going on and why I'm in pain.

Response from Pauline Warnock, Service Manager, Anaesthetics, General Surgery, Endoscopy, Chronic Pain Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Piloman,

I am sorry that you feel let down by the NHS and that you have no results as yet. If you would like to contact Wishaw General`s patient affairs manager on 01698 366558 to give her your details so that I can look in to your issues and try to resolve them.

Update posted by Piloman (the patient)

Thanks for the reply Pauline. I have previously been in touch with Yvonne Ross with my last story on here so she is aware of my identity if you can update me ?

Response from Yvonne Ross, Patient Affairs Manager, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Piloman

I write further to our communication today and was glad to be able to assist you again with your concern. As discussed I will be in touch with a further update.

• Piloman thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Piloman (the patient)

Thanks Yvonne I hope to hear from you soon