"Outpatient appointment for endocrinology"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine

I was diagnosed with an extremely under active thyroid last year. I had severe problems with my medication from the beginning. My GP referred me to Crosshouse endocrinology dept.

My first appointment took about 6 to 8 months. I didn't think the consultant seemed to know much about thyroid. The next appointment I saw a registrar who seemed to know more than the consultant. The 3rd appointment I saw the consultant again. I was with him for about 2 minutes in which time I felt he didn't want to listen to me and then I felt dismissed.

I feel I desperately need help with this problem and feel more and more despondent. This is only a waste of my time because I have to travel 20mins to be seen for 2.

Dear Lindie1,

Oh dear me, I am sorry this has taken such a long time and you still need some help. Thank you for letting us know about this, we do hope to help you. Can you please contact me, I am sure we can sort something out for you but I will need some details from you. If you would like us to look into this, you can email me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or you can phone me on 01563 826222.

Best wishes,