"Diabetic clinic"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

Just a few months ago my experience was poor at best. Since then and after seeing a consultant and the Specialist nurse for Diabetes a carefully controlled and management programme was agreed with me. (I am keenly interested in being fully involved in my own care and anything that I can do do keep myself as well as possible.

This last visit I rated at 5 star as what we agreed and managed has proven to be extremely effective and controls have been returned to me.

I appreciate this type of service, it was speedy and efficient, courteous and professional.

Happy to return to this consultant or nurse in clinic.

Thank you.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of the care and treatment you received from our Diabetes team.

It is always great to hear feedback from our service users particularly when they have noted an improvement since their previous visits. It is also positive when people feel involved and empowered in their own treatment plans.

I will ensure that your positive comments are shared with the Diabetic team who I know will be delighted to receive them.

Thank you once more for taking the time to post your comments and best wishes for the 2016

Andrew

Recent response from our Patient Experience Manager in Unscheduled Care which includes the Diabetes Team:

"Your feedback is very much appreciated especially given the fact that you were unhappy with the service provided previously. Having a patient who feels fully involved in their care and treatment, especially with patients who have long term conditions, such as diabetes, means that their overall experience will be a positive one and will hopefully remain so."

Andrew