"A&E Receptionists"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Who do the 2 receptionists working at 20-00 on xmas day think they are . . I tried to book my 3 week old grandson in who was having breathing problems and was told to go take a seat. .

Then when my daughter arrived with baby she was told she would have to wait at least 30 mins before he would be seen. .

he was admitted straight to a ward as soon as he was seen and put on oxygen where he still remains tonight. .

so I don't rate these 2 receptionists at all.

Merry Xmas to doctors and nursing staff.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Concerned Grandma

Thank you for posting your comments, I am sorry that you were unhappy with the Reception team. The Reception staff cannot book in patients in advance of them arriving in A&E hence why you were asked to take a seat until he arrived, I apologise if this was not fully explained at the time.

It is not the Receptionists responsibility to advise on waiting time to be seen by the doctor. All patients, following registration, are assessed by an A&E nurse and observations are recorded, then a decision is made based on this assessment as to the urgency with which a patient needs to be seen by the doctor. I will share your concerns with the team.

I hope your grandson is making a satisfactory recovery.

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister