"Badly organise, confused and the most..."

About: Newham General Hospital

If you would like to be treated like an idiot and spoken to in half sentences because the nurses couldn't be bothered to speak properly...visit newham!! This team need to wake up and take responsibility for their appearance and communication skills! I feel a lot of common sense is lacking. Very unprofessional environment where you can sit back and hear loads of personal conversation amongst staff whilst they eat snacks! Who manages these teams? I was made to wait 6 hours to see a doctor who was so confused as to why I was told to wait and see them. I spoke to the reception team 3 times asking what was going on... In between them eating their digestives and drinking tea they managed to mess me around even further! My case wasn't reviewed properly on arrival by reception and I was put in the wrong waiting group!! But who cares,...they will do the same tomorrow to another patient!

Response from Newham General Hospital

We are very sorry to read of your experience during your visit to our Maternity Services. We apologise for the long time that you had to wait to be seen.

We would like to look into the concerns you have raised here and ask that you contact us to provide more detailed information. To do this please contact our Patient, Advice and Liaison Service on 020 3594 2040 or by email pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk

Barts Health NHS Trust