"Daughters squint surgery"

About: Sunderland Eye Infirmary

My young daughter was referred from our local hospital for routine squint surgery, she received excellent care both in clinic and on the day of her operation. All the staff made her feel at ease and always explained what was happening in a way which she understood. When we were taken down to theatre for my daughter to be put to sleep the staff were absolutely fantastic and made us both feel at ease. Unfortunately my daughter had a complication after her surgery and I am so very thankful she was under the care of a doctor who helped to have diagnosed a very rare blood disorder my daughter had, which maybe other doctors may have not recognised. We have spent a lot of time this summer in hospital with further operations and lots of clinic appointments we have received outstanding care. I would like to say a massive thank you for the excellent care we have received I am very grateful.

Response from Sunderland Eye Infirmary

Thank you for sharing your experience of care at Sunderland Eye Infirmary.

We were delighted to read that your daughter was well looked after and both she and you were put at ease by our staff.

We will ensure your comments are shared with the whole team at the Eye Infirmary as we know how much it means to them to receive feedback such as this.