"Pacemaker implant"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary / Cardiology Wrightington Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was referred to the Infirmary because my heart was not dolng what it should.

From the moment I arrived I was treated very well in all the departments, Ambulatory ward and Ince ward staff looked after Myself My Wife and Daughter as they were both in shock as I had no symptoms and was very lucky to have attended Wrightington for a Pre-Med for a knee replacement, and there an ECG found out I Problems.

All the staff were so helpful, with nothing being to much trouble even though they were extremely busy. A special thank you to Dr. Malajo for putting me at ease whilst He carried out My operation. A definite 10 Out of 10 for Wigan Infirmary!

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments in respect of your recent attendances at Wigan Infirmary and Wrightington Hospital. It is very kind of you to take the time to let us know of your experience and very much appreciated. I will ensure that your comments are shared with all the relevant staff within the different disciplines and areas, who I am sure will be greatly encouraged by your feedback. May I take this opportunity to pass on our best wishes for a continued recovery.

• A Happy Chappy thinks this response is helpful