About: Solihull Hospital

I was very impressed with Solihull Hospital, waiting areas, time before being seen for appointments and the pleasant staff and friendliness I experienced. My complaint was regarding the non existant lighting when leaving the north entrance and the poor lighting on the car park as it was after 5pm. This made it dangerous for the disabled and persons unsteady on their feet (as my husband is). I think this needs to be addressed before someone seriously has an accident by falling.

Dear Concerned Relative

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to Solihull Hospital Outpatient Department. I am so pleased to read that you found all of the staff pleasant and friendly, and that your relative was not waiting too long before being seen.

I do appreciate your concern regarding the poor lighting at the north entrance and in the car park. I am sorry that this caused concern for you and understand your concern for disabled patients and visitors, or those that have mobility problems such as your husband.

I will forward your feedback to Mr Jim Fitzgerald, Estates Manager for Solihull Hospital, to ask him to look at the points you have raised.

I hope this is acceptable and if you could contact me on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@nhs.net I can then ensure Mr Fitzgerald's feedback is updated to you directly. Alternatively, I will post a further update here.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, patient and visitor feedback is extremely important to us.

With kind regards