"My visit to the Endoscopy Unit,Torbay Hospital."

About: Torbay Hospital

I attended the Endoscopy Unit on Wednesday,23rd, of December,for a Colonoscopy.The treatment I received before,during and after was a credit to all the staff involved.On arrival I was spoken to by the receptionist who completed the initial paper work checks who then directed me to to the waiting area.I was then met by a lovely nurse who had a lovely smile,introduced themself and took me to a small office where the procedure was explained to me fully.I asked several questions in relation to my treatment which explained fully.

After a short while I met the doctor who explained the procedure fully and any issues that could occur whilst the procedure was being carried out.I was then taken into the theatre and was met by another nurse who introduced themself and made me comfortable ready for the procedure to begin.

During the procedure I was kept informed of the progress during the examination and was able to watch this on the television screen which I found really interesting and reassuring.The procedure was over very quickly and throughout the time spent there I felt comfortable,confident and dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.

Thank you to all the staff for making my visit easier than anticipated.

Many thanks

John Smith

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Patient/Enquirer

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments.

Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned.

Patient Services

TORBAY AND SOUTH DEVON NHS FOUNDATION TRUST

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Patient/Enquirer

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

Patient Services