"NHS at its best"

About: Burnley General Hospital

I have accompanied my wife on her visits to this department over the last 15/16 months. This department operates like a well oiled machine - very efficient. We have found all staff from Consultant to Nurses to be brilliant, polite, caring. Everything explained in as much detail as we wanted. All treatments thoroughly explained and discussed. All consultations very thorough and unrushed. Any investigations - x-rays, blood tests, ultrasound were carried out either immediately, at the same appointment or after a very short wait. I would like to thank everyone in this department for the great treatment given to my wife. Whilst doctors and nurses cannot work miracles these people are trying hard to do so.

Response from Burnley General Hospital

Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding the Rheumatology Department at Burnley General Hospital and thank you for taking the time to do so.

I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team who will be delighted to hear that your wife’s visits have been really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

We are really keen to hear further about your wife’s experience and what made it so positive so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services.

If you would like to share your story with us please contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk.

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator