"Unfriendly & rude staff"

About: Mount Vernon Hospital

My elderly mother was transferred from Hillingdon Hospital to Trinity Ward. Some of the staff were nice however some came across as very rude e.g my daughter & niece were sitting in the waiting room & watching East Enders to pass the time as patients are only permitted two visitors, a healthcare worker/nurse came and switched the TV off without saying anything to them (this was way before visiting hours had ended).

I also found it unacceptable that my sick mother (whose grasp of the English language is basic) was told that her visitors should return the two chairs next to her to the waiting room.

I was told not to sit next to my mother on the bed, I appriciate this is not permitted but it could have been said in a nicer way - all of the above occurred during one visit.

Response from Mount Vernon Hospital

I am very sorry that some of the staff came across as very rude at Mount Vernon Hospital. I will be happy to look into this further if you would like to get in touch and provide further details. You can contact me via Hillingdon Hospital switchboard.

kind regards