"Appalling service of care"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital / Minour Injuries Unit

Visited minor injuries with a painful hand to find I had fractured my hand. No nurse provided me with any details or aftercare on my injury, I was just put in a cast and told to ask the receptionist to book me in at the hand clinic. I was rushed in and out (I suppose every patient is just a number!)

What I am most appalled at is the receptionist. They booked me in for an appointment at the hand clinic for a Sunday at the northern general. When I arrived at the hand clinic (2 days after attending the hallamshire) the clinic was told and I was told by nurses that there is no clinic on a Sunday.

Complete waste of time due to staff not knowing how to do their job properly. Wouldn't recommend this hospital to anyone.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience of our services and the inconvenience that you suffered as a result. If you could provide your personal details we would be able to look into this in more detail and provide you with a formal response.

Please can you provide personal details to our Patient Services Team who can be contacted on telephone number 0114 271 2400 or by eamailing pst@sth.nhs.uk