"Poor attitude."

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I work in the medical profession and I have worked in A&E previously.

I attended Queen's hospital with my partner with a 2 inch laceration after slipping down some stairs (no- she wasn't drunk).

I have the highest respect for the staff in A&E and understand the pressures they come under working there.

Unfortunately seeing the service at Queen's from the other side gave me negative impression.

The minors was clearly understaffed for the size of department and those that were working were in no rush to treat patients.

-When I say no rush, I mean four and a half hours in a waiting room behind eight people.

-When I say eight people I mean six because two walked out after three hours.

Perhaps chatting about Strictly for fifteen minutes to the porters isn't the best use of time, especially when the resentful attitude towards patients was so obvious.

So.. managers, give them more staff and nurses, perhaps give patient's some courtesy as we tried to show to you.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

Hello

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am concerned to hear of your experience and would like to talk to you about this in more detail please. I would be grateful if you could contact me on 0115 924 9924 ext 66490 or email lucy.thow@nuh.nhs.uk so that we can discuss further.

Kind regards Lucy Thow, Matron, Emergency Department