"Very positive feedback"

About: George Eliot Hospital / Accident and emergency West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

(as a parent/guardian),

In the early hours several days ago my 17 year old daughter woke with pains in her chest. I rang the 111 helpline and gave all of my daughter's details. Within 5 minutes the paramedics came who thoroughly checked her over. An ambulance then arrived to take her to George Eliot Hospital.

Fortunately ECG and other tests were normal and we came back home. The paramedics and ambulance staff were all extremely professional and helped put my daughter at ease as she was very scared. They were all very friendly and had a sense of humour which we appreciated.

On arrival at George Eliot Hospital the department was extremely busy but we were dealt with very efficiently and speedily. Again, all staff at George Eliot Hospital were extremely helpful and professional.

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Dear appreciative mum.

Many thanks for your feedback and I hope your daughter is recovering well. I am pleased that you found the paramedics professional and put your daughter at ease. Where possible we like to share patient experience with our staff. If you would like us to pass your comments on to the attending staff I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Experience Team on 01384 246366 or email pals@wmas.nhs.uk so we can obtain some further details from you.

Many thanks again.

Response from George Eliot Hospital

Thank you for telling us of your satisaction with the care your daughetr received from all staff. Your review will be shared with staff in A&E and forwarded to the Ambulance Service and the 111 service .

I am sure you and your daughter were pleased that the tests showed no problems. Kind regards

Christine Longstaff on behalf of the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.