"I would like to thank every member of staff"

About: Aberdeen Maternity Hospital

I would like to thank every member of staff who took care of me and my daughter during her birth earlier this year. I had an extremely traumatic birth in 2013 with my son, so was absolutely terrified at the prospect of going through it again. I decided on a planned c-section this time, and I cannot praise the staff highly enough. It ended up being such a positive experience, and I will forever be grateful for that.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear new mum

Very many thanks for taking time to post your feedback. You must be very busy with two little ones, so special thanks are definitely due.

It is wonderful to hear that our staff were able to help you to have such a great experience of birthing, especially given the circumstances. It is very important for us to find out what matters most to people who are in our care. This helps us to meet the individual needs of all our patients and families and means that we can deliver care which is truely person-centred.

Good luck and good health to you and your family and best wishes for 2016!