"Rude staff and was refused to be seen."

About: Witney Community Hospital

The staff were so rude to my girlfriend today. She had hurt her foot, which was bruised and swollen and she was unable to walk on it. We went into a and e and we was refused to be seen as my girlfriend didn't know how it happened. We was then told to go to our gp. We managed to get an appointment with the gp at 5 and then we was referred to go back to a and e for an xray. The gp was lovely and apologied for the behaviour of the a and e staff. When we got to a and e we were then refused again as xray actually closed at 5 and was told to go back again the next day. The staff on the reception of a and e were so rude and patronising. I didnt feel that they cared atall about my girlfriends problem and thus made us lose a whole day of my girlfriend being in pain and have a potentially broken foot. I understand the fact that it has close times but if we were not refused to be seen in the morning then this should been sorted on the day.

Response from Witney Community Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your visit to Witney MIU and I am sorry to read of the problems you were faced with on arrival and unhelpful staff.

We would welcome you contacting our PALS team so we can look into your concerns in more detail either my emailing us PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or calling 0800 328 7971.

Response from John Daniels, Modern Matron & Clinical Development Lead for Urgent Care, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for telling your story after your experience in Witney Minor Injury Unit. I am saddened to hear that you had such a negative experience and would very much like to speak to you directly to work out when you what went wrong.

I am the senior manager responsible for Witney MIU and can be contacted directly on 07725 009999 or via John.Daniels@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk. Should you wish to remain anonymous, please contact PALS via the details above.

Best wishes, John