"A very good service"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

Only three weeks after my wife had surgery here as a day patient I was back at Maidstone having my hernia sorted out. Again the service and care was very good; the staff were friendly, efficient and informative and even though we had a bit of a wait before my operation there was no problem waiting in the Admissions unit until it was my 'turn' to go down. (Although we were bemused and puzzled by the provision of same sex waiting rooms only.)

I was also impressed by the pre-op appointments at Tunbridge Wells where my visits were managed efficiently from self-check in onwards with little or no waiting time.

If something does need attention, it is the provision of adequate parking at both sites at peak time to avoid frustration (although at 7am it's a doddle).

'Thankyou' to you all.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Dear Tim

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience in surgery at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Hospitals. We were pleased to hear that you were kept informed whilst waiting for surgery and that your surgery proceeded smoothly. Our estates and facilities department are working hard to remedy the car parking problems experienced at both sites and are working with the local councils to seek solutions. With kind regards, the PALS team