"The George Sharp Unit - brilliant!"

About: Cameron Hospital / Rehabilitation

I had surgery on my cervical spine in Ninewells hospital that did not go very well. Following 2 emergency surgeries I was left with balance and general mobility problems, to the extent that I could barely walk, and my hands legs and arms were left very numb, and not much mobility in them. I was moved to rehab at George Sharp unit in Cameron Hospital to learn to walk, use my hands, and even to dress myself and go to the toilet by myself again. From the moment I arrived to the moment I departed the George Sharp unit I was made very welcome. I can’t praise or thank the professionalism and genuine care and help given by all staff members from the doctors to the cleaners they were all so very kind and warm towards me. The services they provide and the way they are performed are exceptional. I hope all the staff at the George Sharp unit have a very merry Christmas, and a very happy new year. Thank you for looking after me during my illness. You are all brilliant! !

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of the George Sharp Unit. I was sorry to hear of the problems you encountered as a result of your surgery which must have been difficult to deal with. It is great to hear that your experience got off to such a positive start and that you found all the staff groups to be caring and professional. I will be delighted to pass your Christmas wishes on to the staff who will very much appreciate your feedback.

A very merry Christmas to you too and thanks again for sharing.

Kind Regards

Louise Ewing

• JIOHNBOY thinks this response is helpful