"Professional, compassionate care"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

My six week old baby was admitted to Hanscombe ward overnight due to bronchiolitis. The care that we received was absolutely first rate. We were seen and assessed very promptly by caring and clearly highly capable doctors / nurses. We were treated with respect and compassion throughout.

One nurse in particular was incredible - everything you want to see in the NHS. They clearly adored babies and treated my son with a touching level of genuine care. They also showed a huge degree of empathy towards me and my husband and our feelings as first time parents with a sick baby. The way we were treated by this nurse (and the other staff members) made so much difference to us in making a traumatic experience as easy as possible. I am very, very grateful.

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Good morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. All of the staff here at Royal Surrey work incredibly hard and it is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback. I have shared your message with the matron on Hascombe Ward, who will pass it onto the team.

I hope your newborn is now recovering well and you will all be able to enjoy his/her first Christmas.