"Poor attitutude of staff"

About: Queen's Hospital (Romford)

I attended the dermatology department for an OP appointment on the 17th december, when I arrived the reception was unattended and remained so for over 5 mins with a queue of patients building up eventually the surly receptionist returned. patients then have to provide their contact details infront of other patients with no privacy through a glass screen which obstructs the sound with some patients having to repeat their details staff flounce in and out and treat patients with a cursory manner. the dr I saw examined me superficially without reference to my medical notes which I found worrying additionally I was told I would be discharged into my gp's care without reference to him being provided a copy of my medical records. overall a very dissapointing service the overriding approach is to discharge patients. additionally the dr that I saw was very unprofessional by having a non nhs web page open in full view of any patient being seen at the time and making no attempt to close or minimise it.

Response from Queen's Hospital

Thank you for leaving your comment on NHS Choices. I am concerned to hear about your experience, and want to make sure this is investigated. Please contact me through our PALS team on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Yours sincerely